Friday, August 6, 2010

Hammer Time

At this point in my schedule the focus of the workouts shifts from quantity to quality. Meaning the duration is shorter, but the intensity is cranked up. So on Wednesday I did a 8mi run at 8:30mi pace, fast for me and last night Nick and I did a 55km ride in 1:46, an average of 31.4kph. We rode north and then west into the wind and we pushed it hard, at some points 35kph into the wind. I knew that the return trip would be a blast and it was. It’s great to have the wind at your back, for a change. This weekend is the last chance to go long on the bike, so I think I’ll head up to Beaverton and back on Saturday. Lots of hills on that route, just like Louisville and I’ll follow that up with a 90 minute run.

1 comment:

Nick Nickolau said...

Ya, thanks for trying to kill me buddy. It was actually 38 km/hr into the wind at one point when I checked. I'll be glad when you're done this intensity training so I can start recovering.