Thursday, August 26, 2010

In Louisville!





We arrived in Louisville about 4:30pm yesterday afternoon. We made good time and other than one short traffic jam just past Cincinnati, had no trouble at all. We were able to get a suite on the 5th floor at the back of the hotel, which means it will be nice and quiet for sleeping. We stocked up on groceries and necessities after a stop at the Golden Corral for a huge meal. No wonder Americans are overweight, for $9.99 all the steak, shrimp, roast beef, chicken and everything else you can imagine, plus deserts! Maybe we should have saved that one fro after the race, but I’ve worked hard over the past 10 months, I deserve it! Or at least that’s what I told myself!

This hotel has a great breakfast buffet, lots of fresh fruit, waffles, bagels, anything you could want. Registration opened at 9am this morning, so we took a walk down to the Galt House Hotel after breakfast and got that taken care of. They are very well organized and it took less than 10 minutes. Afterwards we walked down from the hotel to the riverside and back along the river to our hotel. The water looks so dirty, I didn’t even want to stick my hand in it to feel it. I’ll wait until Saturday morning’s practice swim to see what it like.

We packed up the bike and took a drive out on the bike course to the out and back section on 42. I rode it back and forth 3 times for a total of 45mins. After, I ran the opposite way through a neighborhood of huge homes and horse farms for about 20mins.

The weather is hot and not humid, for a change and brilliant sunshine. The forecast for Sunday is sunny and 92, perfect!

1 comment:

Nick Nickolau said...

Lotsa luck Chris. Our rides aren't the same without you this week, they're sane. I'll be following you online and watching for you to cross the finish line.