Monday, August 23, 2010

We had a great visit with the Salvo family on Saturday night. Cathy told the kids why we are raising money and they cleaned out their piggy banks and brought all their money over to donate it to our MS fund raising. It was heartwarming to see their generosity and it’s great to see that in this day an age when so many parents get it wrong or just don’t care, that these kids are being raised with such strong moral values of compassion, empathy and generosity. Great kids!

On Saturday Nick and Justin and I rode 90k today in 3hrs. I was scheduled for a 2hr ride 1hr run workout, so I decided to do a 3hr ride instead. I really enjoy riding with the guys and my justification for that change was that the extra hour of cycling would have a lower “cost” than an hour of running. At least I convinced myself of that. The ride went well, I let Nick and Justin lead the way to that Justin could set the pace at where he wanted to ride at. We made it up to Uxbridge and as we headed through town I noticed Nick swatting at his ear in front of me. I wasn’t sure what was going on, but I thought it might be a bee. It was and he was stung, right in the ear. We stopped and had a look and it was already turning red and looked like it was really sore. Luckily he’s not allergic.

Sunday morning I went for a short swim and then spent the rest of the day either tuning up the P3 or sleeping on the couch. I replaced the front derailleur cable because back in the spring, I cut the cable housing a bit short and it’s bothered me ever since. At the same time I installed a chain catcher on the front derailleur. There are a ton of gear changes in Louisville and lots of big ring to small ring changes and the chain catcher ensure the chain can’t fall off the small ring and onto the bottom bracket.

No comments: