Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tuesday Night Ride

Nick and Justin and I got out for our Tuesday night ride. Justin had his brand new ride out for the first time. He just bought a P2, same colour scheme as mine and had it decked out with Nick’s spare set of H3’s on it, it looked great! And very familiar, as my P2 was exactly the same. He hadn’t had time to set it up and adjust it so we decided that we’d do it on the fly. Right away we saw that the seat height was way too high and Justin wanted to move the seat forward so instead of taking the chance of hurting his knees, we stopped and spent a few minutes getting him squared away. Moving the seat to the forward hole is not an easy job and it took us a lot of fiddling around to get it on right.

Once we got going we headed up 30 to Bloomington and then west over to McCowan, it was getting dark so we decided to beat it back home and head down McCowan. It’s a nice downhill ride from Bloomington and Nick and I opened it up and hammered at 40kph plus all the way to Stouffville Side Road. I thought that maybe I was able to open up a gap on Nick, no way! I took a quick look and he was right on my tail the whole way. We joked with Nick that now he’s going to have to get a Cervelo. Those exposed cables on the Orbea and just too hard for Justin and I to look at!

1 comment:

Nick Nickolau said...

Ya you guys and your Cervelo club.I need to win a lottery to buy one of those things but ..... they are sweet.