Monday, August 9, 2010

Yesterday, I did nothing, well almost nothing.

After the success of my 160k/20k brick workout yesterday I took it easy for a day. I went up to Stouffville for a swim first thing in the morning. Upon arrival I was notified that there was no hot water in the building. Hmm, I thought, is this a good enough excuse not to swim? Maybe, I decided to stick my foot in the water and see how it felt, it wasn’t bad, seemed like the pool had retained most of its warmth overnight. So swimming I went, just 2k and then headed for home. I had planned on a short ride just to help the legs recover from the yesterday’s beating, but it was raining so I found myself doing some couch recovery instead.

A couple of thoughts after yesterday’s ride. The seatpost on the P3 slipped down again. I had it looked at by the bike techs in Lake Placid, they fixed it and it didn’t slip for the race there. I wonder if the rough road we took on Saturday hammered it down. I’m not sure what I’ll try now, I’ve heard that applying both hairspray and toothpaste to the seatpost and tightening it are options that have worked for some people. Also just before the ride I noticed a bit of lateral play in the crank, I showed it to Nick, that shouldn’t be there, he said. I’ll take it apart again and see if I’ve left a spacer out somewhere.

No comments: