Monday, August 16, 2010

Catching Up

On Saturday I headed out for my last long ride before Louisville. I headed up 30 past Bloomington and went up to David Drive. I went over to the 2nd and headed up to Zephyr. There was a nice tail wind to I was able to cook along pretty well at about 34/35kph. From Zephyr I headed over to Udora and yes I took the hard road. On Zephyr Road over toward Udora there are 3 tough hills, but I figured, hey Louisville is hills, so get on with it. Went up to Udora, refueled and headed a bit more north to add a few more km and then turned around and headed for home. I decided to give myself a break and take Ravenshoe Road back to Zephyr instead of retracing my steps and climbing those hills again. The ride home was a tough. Battling that wind (with the H3’s) and the hills on the 2nd were more than enough to provide a good workout.

When I arrived back home Nick had just been there so I called him and we headed out for a run together. He wanted to get in 15k and I was looking for about the same. He headed out across 16th and then up 10th to Elgin Mills and back. It was great to run with him and it made the time pass much quicker. All we needed was a water station out there, unfortunately there is no place to fuel up unless you run all the way to Stouffville.


On the schedule tonight, a swim and tomorrow, a run during the day and then back out on the roads with Nick and maybe Justin if he’s finished his exams. Last week Nick almost did me in on our ride on Thursday, the man rode like he was possessed. Holy smokes, good thing for the traffic lights on Bloomington or I don’t think I would have seen him until we were back on 16th. I think we averaged 32kph for the 55k ride!

No comments: