Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I almost got my ass kicked at Tim Horton's!

So I’m standing in line at Tim Horton’s this morning, to get my coffee and as I get up to the front, this red neck truck driver is giving the Sri Lankan or East Indian woman behind the counter a hard time. He’s being really rude and saying things to her like, to her “do I need an interpreter here” and “you people should learn how to speak English”.

He finally moves off and now it’s my turn to order. As I’m giving the woman my order, she has tears in her eyes now because the jerk has really upset her. To even further insult the woman, the guy wanders back over and starts pretending he’s talking to her in a gibberish language. I turned around and said to him, “Are you finished being a jerk, I’d like to place my order”. He says to me “What are you some sort of paki lover”. Unbelievable, no one deserves to be disrespected like that.

Now he’s looking at me like he’s about to either punch me in the head or eat me and I’m thinking to myself well if I run out of here right now I can make it to work and walk back later for the car. After what seems like an eternity of me starring at him and him looking at me like I’m a bug on his red neck pickup truck windshield, the woman next in line behind me chimes in and tells him he should be ashamed of himself for speaking to her like that. Then finally some guy in the back of the line, shouts out “Keep movin jerk, there’s a line up here”. Fortunately that got his attention off me and he wandered away with his coffee and out the door. We all just shook our heads in disbelief as he drove away.

No comments: