Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tuesday Night Ride

Throughout my taper period I’ve been feeling tired and generally low on energy. I’ve been hoping that I’ll snap back one day this week and start feeling like I’m ready to do an Ironman. I think I’m starting to come around, just in time!

Last night Nick, Justin and Bob and I went out for a ride. I was scheduled for a 1hr ride and 40min run, but I decided to go for a ride with the boys instead of a doing the brick workout. It was scheduled to be a zone 1 (low heart rate) workout for me, so I stuck to the back of the pack and let them set the pace. It was a beautiful evening and we did the Durham Road 30 to Bloomington and east to Kennedy and back route. It was a good ride, I enjoyed it and I push hard a couple of times and it felt good. Hopefully an indication that I’m coming around just in time for race day.

Tonight is a short run and a swim and I’ll start packing everything up and making sure nothing gets forgotten for the trip to Lake Placid.

No comments: