Thursday, July 29, 2010

This week is a hard earned recovery week after LP and my schedule doesn’t call for anything more than 30mins of swimming, biking or running. I don’t think I’ll have a problem following this week’s schedule.

Last night I took the bike down to the workshop for a cleanup. After an Ironman your bike is usually a complete mess, covered in various gels, power bar, Gatorade and sweat. So off come the wheels and I spray it down with fantastic and give it a thorough cleaning. I’ll touch up any stone chips and give it a couple coats of wax. Today I’ll clean the chain and drive train and replace the 12-27 gear cassette with a 12-25 for Louisville.Tonight I’ll head out with Nick and Justin and tag along on their Thursday night training ride.

Congrats to Nick for completing a sprint tri down in California. Not only did he have to contend with a surf swim start over breaking waves, he cycled at 34kph and ran it out at 4:30km. The fields down there are very deep, I think over 30 guys in his age group and Nick was in the top 5. Amazing. Hopefully if I keep chasing him around, I'll get faster too!

No comments: