Friday, July 16, 2010

Lake Placid Gettign Closer!

As I write this posting we are 8 days and 15 hours and change away from the start of the 2010 Ironman USA in Lake Placid and I'm starting to get excited about it. They have released the Athletes Guide (do’s and don’ts) and the long awaited list of bib numbers. I’m not sure why everyone waits so intently for the race numbers to be issued. I guess at that point you have confirmed your entry and there’s no turning back! My number is 2016.

I’m resting and taking it very easy. I went for a 5 mile run in the heat yesterday and I purposely didn’t text Nick to see if he and Justin were riding last night. I knew they probably would be, but I know that if I went, I’d want to ride hard and that’s what I’m trying to not do. They did pass by on the way home, so Justin could pick up a few odds and ends for his bike. They are both training for Ironman 70.3 Miami in September and are well into their training schedules.

Tomorrow I'll go for a 2hr bike ride and follow up with a 3omin run, just enough to keep the neuro muscular pathways open and firing. Sunday morning swim, maybe 2000m and later a 1hr run. Otherwise I'll be tuning up the bike and gathering up all the assorted gear, clothing and all the other paraphernalia required for an Ironman!

No comments: