Sunday, July 18, 2010

Last weekend workouts before LP

Yesterday’s workout was a 2hr ride/45min run brick workout. It was warm and sunny and I got out early this morning. The ride went well, I spent most of the time taking it easy but once I got good and warmed up, I let it loose on a few stretches. I’m still adjusting my seat on my new P3, fore and aft and tilt. I must have stopped on the side of the road and moved 5 or 6 times and I still don’t think I have it where it needs to be, but I think I finally found the right seat height with Nick’s help. I’ll be doing a couple of short rides this week and will try to fine tune it. The problem is what feels good and comfortable at hour one, is often not comfortable at hour 5 and 6! I ran 4 miles right after the bike and that’s it. All that’s left before LP is a few short workouts this week to stay loose and keep the muscles moving. Lots of packing to do and need to figure out a race nutrition/hydration plan. Ironman has switched drink sponsors from Gatorade to Power Bar and I haven’t been able to use it during training because it hasn’t been available for sale yet.

No comments: