Friday, August 21, 2009

Ironman Louisville, One Goal

This is my big race for the year, the race that I’ve spent 48 weeks and roughly 500 hours training for. In 2007 I finished in 13:02, no doubt I could have found 2 minutes over 13 hours to save and get in in the 12’s, however it was 13:02. My swim was ok, where it should have been based on my ability at the time, my bike was ok, about 7:00, longer than I had ridden 180k before, but it included several stops to pee. My run was the high point in 2007, 4:20 for the marathon and I passed a ton of people and was good for 20th in my age group.

In 2008 my swim was about the same, I dropped close to 30mins off my bike time, mostly by not stopping to pee, but my run suffered when blisters appeared about 10miles into the run, caused by not stopping to pee. So I saved 30mins on the bike and took 45mins longer on the run and finished in 13:15.

What about this year? One goal…Finish in under 13 hours. That’s it, one goal, no good , better, and best times and maybe’s and what if’s. Just one goal finish in under 13hrs.


No comments: