Thursday, August 13, 2009

Getting There

Last week was the ‘big week’ for me, the week of highest volume of training prior to the Louisville Ironman. I completed 10 hours of biking, 5 hours running and 2 hours swimming. This week will come in somewhere in the 12 hour range, with the last long brick (bike/run) workout on Saturday. After that it’s pretty much taper time to the 30th. I’m feeling good, I don’t feel any residual fatigue from the Lake Placid Ironman, not that I should with a 13:47 finish time, but I don’t feel any differently than if it was just another long training week with a very long brick.

I went for a 1 hour run at noon today, trying to get into the heat as much as possible to acclimatize for the hot conditions we’re bound to face in Louisville. We just haven’t had the heat and humidity here this summer to simulate the August weather in Kentucky. The forecast is for more of the same at least until Monday, so even though my workouts are getting shorter as the taper kicks in, I’ll do as much as I can during the hottest part of the day.

To all that have contributed to my MS fundraising, thank you, I really appreciate it. We are now at $4,310 and counting. At the pool last night I met up with some of my tri swim club peeps. One has a relative with MS and will be making a contribution and the other raised $800 last year for the MS Society after hearing a women with MS on the radio and realizing the value and potential of a healthy body.

No comments: