Thursday, June 14, 2007

Muskoka Bound!

I have decided to do the Muskoka Long Course Triathlon on Sunday. It’s a good opportunity to test my fitness and try out the new wetsuit. After doing a 180k ride, 7 k run last weekend, I didn’t want to do another one this soon.

The Muskoka Tri is a 2k swim, 55k bike, 15k run. The Bike is notoriously hilly, with a couple of climbs in the 15% grade. That’s steep. Also have talked my partner/triathlete-to-be, Tim into doing the duathlon, 3krun, 55k bike, 15k run.

Tim’s been out on the bike a few times and did a 50k ride last weekend. I talked him into signing up and then asked him if he was crazy!! He’ll do fine, we put the hill climbing gears on the bikes this week and he’s a great runner. Weather should be good, hopefully not too hot and humid. The event is sold out and will be televised later this summer on TSN.

No comments: