Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Chinese Water Torture & Free Movie Passes

On Friday I swam 4000m and managed to break 1:20 for the first time. I actually swam the last two 1000m’s in just under 20mins. My goggles are still leaking a bit, even thought I’ve tightened them up. I seem to end up with a couple of drops in the left side and since I breath on that side every time I turn to breath, its like someone flicks water in my eye, sort of a Chinese water torture I guess. All part of the fun. I had a message from the swim director at the Y telling me that I’ve won a pair of movie tickets! Yahoo, will have to wait until after the IM though.

Off on Saturday for another 180k bike ride. I took the same route up to Zepher, over to Udora and then to Port Bolster, Beaverton and up to Brechin. All went well with the exception of my front derailleur cable which frayed and decide to break about halfway home. I dropped the chain onto the small ring and rode home that way, it was a good chance for a long distance spin drill since I rode at 90rpm plus for most of then way home.

After arriving home I made a quick HR monitor change, drank a coke and headed off for a 12k run. The run went well and I was able to keep a 5:30/km pace. All in all, I’m happy with that.

It’s been hot and humid this week and I did a 10k run on Tuesday and a 15k run yesterday trying to get acclimatized to the heat. Both runs went well, with the exception of yesterday’s. The run was good, but I’ve now aggravated my left Achilles tendon. The right seems fine, it was sore after Muskoka, but ok now. I think that I may have to take a week or two break from running. That’s ok, we leave for PEI soon and I can do lot’s of biking in the hills and that shouldn’t bother it too much.

The past weekend saw the completion of three IM events, France, Switzerland, and Coeur D’Alene (on of the seven USA Ironman events). Here’s a clip of the very windy swim start in CDA.

No comments: