Monday, June 11, 2007

I’m a Bad Blogger, but I am training hard!!

Hey folks, got to admit it, I’m a bad blogger. Everyday I think about posting to the blog, but just trying to find the time has been real difficult. Anyway, I’ve dedicated myself to doing a better job and apologies to those that have been checking and not seeing anything new. The good news is that I’ve been training hard!

Last week I took it easy during the week and only spent a few hours on the bike and in the pool. It was a bit of a break from the previous 3 week training cycle. During that cycle I completed 29,000 meters of swimming, 650 k of cycling and 156 k of running. Last weekend’s long brick workout was a 160k ride/7 k run and I wasn’t real happy with the way the run went. It was hot and humid and I just ran out of gas on the run, managed to cover just 7km in a little over 40 minutes, a pace of over 6:00 min/km, not where I’d like to be!

The past weekend was a different and better story. I completed a long ride of 180km, the farthest I’ve ever ridden. I rode up to Beaverton and then had planned to go onto to Brechin but I took a different route and ended up half way to Fenlon Falls. The ride was good, averaged 27km, not including Gatorade stops. Did a run of 8km right after and managed a much better pace of 5:23/km. Sunday was another good day, did a 20km run on tired legs! More later.

No comments: