Wednesday, September 8, 2010


OK, this is not a good picture of me and I won’t be updating my facebook profile with it. But it pretty well sums up how I felt 5 minutes after crossing the finish line in Louisville, exhausted. I laugh at it now. I use it as a reminder for next year while I’m training.

I've got to get back to the pool. There is nothing worse than stopping swimming and then starting again. It seems like, after a few weeks, you go right back to square one and start over and it takes forever just to get back to where you were when you stopped. It really is a lot easier to just keep swimming 2 or 3 times a week.

My Ironman recovery has been coming right along although I’m about done with the junk food. Mentally, I'm ready to start training again, physically, I don't think my body is quite ready yet. I’ve spent my time reassembling the P2. I was thinking about using it on the trainer and sparing the P3 the strain of being ridden indoors all winter. But, now I’m thinking of selling it. I’d really rather put into the hands of someone that will enjoy it and get as much out of it as I did.

No comments: