Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Welcome to My 2010 Ironman & MS Fundraising Season!

Well time flies when you’re having fun! I can’t believe that the 2010 Ironman season is upon us already! It’s amazing how quickly we go from trying to keep warm with gloves, hats and toe covers to wearing just tri shorts and tri tops. Again this year I’ll be doing Ironman Lake Placid and later in August, Ironman Louisville. My training has been well under way now for over 5 months and I’m must say, I’m feeling quite fit these days. The last couple of weeks have seen some great, hot and sunny weather and I’ve had some great rides and runs. Last week Paul, Cathy and Nick and I went on one the most enjoyable rides I’ve ever had. Paul led us up North to Zephyr and back with an East/West leg. Thinking about that ride still brings a smile to my face. For years and years, I’ve pretty much ridden alone, but being able to ride with some friends is a great way to go. Really look forward to getting out with them again. The week ended with a 13mi long run with Nick. I think Nick may have wanted to throw me in the ditch on Sunday after I had to take a few walk breaks! But after what turned out to be a 19 hour plus week of training, I was totally done!

No comments: