Monday, July 28, 2008

Officially in for IM USA 2009

Well, I made it official today and I completed my registration for IM USA 2009 over the internet today. 363 days until we'll be in Lake Placid for the Ironman, hopefully a better day than this year's race. For a wrap up of the race click here.


Yesterday I did a 100 mile ride, 10 mile run brick work out. The ride was tough, I had a headache and just never seemed to get comfortable. Again I had a head wind to deal with on the way home. I had intended to go 112 miles, but when I got up to Beaverton the skies looked very dark and I thought I was really going to get it, so I decided to turn around a bit early and head for home. Once home I took a few minutes and then headed out for the run. The run went well and once I turned East, I finally had the wind at my back so I decided to take advantage of it and go a bit further than I had planned and get a 10 miler in. Later looking back at my log for the last two years, it was the longest brick I've ever completed, and it felt like it!

Today starts off two weeks of the highest volume training, I will try to get in a minimum of 20 hours each week for the next two weeks before the taper begins. The only thing that is bothering me is a mortons neuroma on the bottom of my right foot. It starts to hurt after three hours of so on the bike and really flares up on the run. It is a over use injury of a nerve bundle in that area of the foot and when it gets going, it feels like someone is sticking a hot poker into the bottom of your foot. I've been using Tylenol to keep it under control and I'm hoping that the taper will allow it to rest and heal up enough to not make an appearance in Louisville.

The weather is haeting up in Louisville, 95 degrees forecast for tomorrow!

No comments: