Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ahhh….PEI!

What a great vacation! Thanks Grammie for letting us all invade your beautiful and peaceful Inn for too short a while. It was so great to be in PEI, if you’ve never been, go. It was great to see all our friends on the Island and I was sorry that we didn’t get to spend more time with them. The weather was absolutely amazing for PEI, sometimes with PEI, you take what you get, this time however the weather was outstanding, hot and sunny every day. We even had a humidex reading a few days, very unusual for PEI. It made for some great rides and some great runs. I didn’t swim, but I did get some great miles in on the road.

As I’m writing this, I’m fogged in! I was expecting a sunny morning when I got up, but it looks like we won’t see the sun until the afternoon. So I may need to push my long ride to Sunday. I need to get going on the bike and build up some strength. The countdown is now 50 days to IM Louisville! Yikes, that’s getting close. Basically 7 weeks to go, minus 3 weeks for taper and that leaves only 4 weeks of training time left. I’ve really got to make the best of it to beat my time from last year.

This weekend I’m off to Lake Placid to register for next year’s Ironman USA. I’ll take the bike and will ride one lap of the bike course on Saturday before watching the race on Sunday and then registering on Monday morning.

No comments: